Sunday, March 3, 2013

"Look at your hands, look at all the smallest lines. I think that's incredible."

"It is. Where is the soul in them? Where is the soul? What does it mean that you have wrinkles in your hands and your wrists?"

"Maybe we should look at ourselves as graceful and not as the machinery that is so widely accepted. Or not. Maybe it's all dependent on the person because we all have different lines in our hands...what do you think it means?"

"I'm not sure. I just think about it, and it just makes me nuts to think that other people everywhere have they're own hands and they're experiencing everything as the center of their own universe. How different is their bodily experience from my own?"





And then I thought of the time when he said he wanted someone
to come to conclusions with. He said that coming to conclusions
in deep thought was nice alone, but to do it with another person
would be lovely. And it was lovely.
I wonder what he thought.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Keith. It's actually a conversation I had, and his words just flowed so effortlessly that I thought it would make a good thing to share.

      Delete
  2. That's why I always say only thing I can do is tell you about the world I see with my own eyes. We're all the center of our own universe, metaphorically speaking.

    You have a brilliant young mind.

    ReplyDelete