Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Crow's Story

It's been about a moth since I've wrote something worth doing anything about. And this is even questionable, but maybe it suits some purpose...somehow. Ah words.






A crooked neck stands on an arthritic branch, and with every movement it possess, breaks the branches limbs one by one. What a tragedy I was witnessing, for within the serenity of its movements, lives silence, its long forsaken friend. Silence traced the livid noises of serenity and folded them perfectly into the compacted atmosphere. It is then when you feel the air closing in, feel it press against your skin and envelope your blood until it shatters in your sleep, and upon your lips are the cold and the lonely, only in the enlightenment of the crow’s crooked necks and breaking branches.
When the silence comes, I come. I walk to the trees that carry their broken branches and I wait. I do not necessarily wait for something – actually, I do not wait for anything at all. And I suppose that you may call it thinking or pondering what I do, but that is not correct either. I think I find myself in nothing or quite possibly that I find myself nothing. And that is alright because maybe I’m only dreaming.
These trees with their branches are inside a forest inside of a town under a giant sky. Yet, the sky within the trees does not wish to be vast; it is content with the limitations in the thick of the forest, clouds, and smoke. And whatever the sky does, it does. Who am I to question the all-powerful sky? Nothing. Or possibly I would become just a mere thought; but are we not all thoughts of God made up of our compacted atmosphere? I assume it does not matter, for maybe I’m only dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment